Monday, March 30, 2009

Cant get much crazier than this.

Very interesting weekend and Monday to be quite honest. I finally decided between the two job offers that I had. I started my first day today only to HATE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I was so miserable. I finished out the day and called the job that I turned down to accept it. I hadnt actually turned the job down, I just hadnt responded yet. They were happy to have me. Same pay, less hours, but NO stress. I think I will do alright. Of course the most important paintball tournament of the year, Huntington Beach, is next weekend. The last practice before the tournament was on Sunday. I was so stressed about the job choice that my head wasnt in the game. I made stupid decisions on the field and took a lot of bad hits. Basically I looked like crap. I got my feet under me finally towards the end of the day and pulled some pretty good runs but it wasnt enough to make up for the morning. I got texts from the team captain and another player consoling me on the trouble I had but asking my not to let them down come Friday. I know that I am a great player and I just had a bad day. I would never let my team down but now another problem arises. If we as a team do well, Im the hero. If the team does poorly, I feel like secretly some blame would be put on me for the performance at the last practice. Thats a lot to deal with. Im not a stranger to intense situations and I always want the lead when the games on the line. The way that the Huntington field is setup allows my position to either make or break the entire game. Either way you cut it, all eyes will be on me come Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment