Thursday, March 26, 2009

An Unscheduled Vacation.

What happens when you leave your job unexpectedly during an economic recession. Normally an unemployed person would hit the streets running with their resume to rejoin the rat race, coffee coursing through their veins and a wild look in their eye. Here is a breakdown of my first unemployed Monday since 1995...

8:00am- alarm goes off.

8:05am- backup alarm goes off

11:00am- finally get up

11:05am- jump on roommates bed because I am bored.

11:15am- exhausted from bed jump so I play with the cats for a while. Cats are noticeably confused as to why I am home but happy nonetheless. Howie "the duck" gets so excited that he poops.

1:30pm- breakfast at pancake house

2:30pm- job search is delayed because the Aquarium of the Pacific sounded like more fun.

6:00pm- gym, massage, beer, shower, beer, beer, taquito, beer

8:00pm- millionaire matchmaker marathon on direct tv

8:30pm- asleep on couch

Okay, so the job search was not a high priority but I certainly needed a day to myself to relax and reflect. On Tuesday I called two prospective employers, attended one interview, Wednesday attended another interview, Thursday was a working interview, and I will make my decision by tomorrow. I am so happy that my skillset and qualifications even in a global financial recession are still very important and needed. Not many people do what I do at the level at which I do it. I know that sounds cocky but I like it that way. Who else out there do you know is taking a day to decide which of the only two jobs they interviewed with will become their new employer? It feels good to be in the power position. I almost forgot, I also upgraded my Indy 500 tickets and bought some clothes. Ah, what a life. Viva la California!

No comments:

Post a Comment