Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blind cats

The search for my new pet continues...or has it ended. Today Katy and I had a meet and greet with Howie, a blind cat. He was the most lovable thing I have ever seen and Im pretty sure that we will pick him up and take him home. Im just so concerned about how Pixxie will react to the new member of the house. Howie was interesting because of course a blind animal has to rely more on other senses to get around. He walked in circles a lot. He was very anxious of any noises. He growled and hissed at a chair at one point. I was very attracted to his "pilot" ear. He points one of his ears forward so that he can hear better. He also tests the ground a lot with his paw before stepping. Ive never had a cat hug me before but this one gets a grip and holds on for the ride. Were making the decision this week and may just go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment