I have this great thought process going on tonight in the shower. Maybe it was the hot water or the sound of the cat whining outside the bathroom door because I didnt leave it cracked for her to get in. Either way, I was thinking about items I purchased tonight for dinner and whatnot. The grocery checkout must think that Im a lunatic. I wonder how many people have the same shopping habits as me. There ought to be a shopping etiquette or at least a protocol. Maybe Im the only one that notices this but I tend to look at the items purchased by the shoppers in front and behind me. The couple in front of me bought 10 cans of kidney beans, oreos, and ice cream. The old lady behind me bought laxative and 3 bottles of white zinfandel. Truly interesting would my protocol be for public shopping adventures. The purchase of contradicting items during a single purchase must be regulated. You must also be aware of how you present yourself to the checkout personnel. Case in point, the quite large woman in line yesterday wearing a shirt much smaller than what fit her with a strange food stain on the chest should not be buying hot sauce with the value pack toilet paper. The quiet, fidgety girl last week probably didnt need the cucumber with the 9V battery pack. (or did she?) To elaborate, the bearded guy wearing the yamaka shouldnt be arguing over a 50 cent difference in his purchase. Talk about profiling people! I have some strange purchase equations but I even know better than to go through the cute, short haired checkers line and buy a 12 pack of magnums. Its kind of like an American Idol episode. You know, when Simon says "it was just the wrong song for you". Speaking of AI, we need to discuss tonight's episode. WTF is up with Norman Gentile.

I hope he makes it to the top twelve. If America votes him through, I think the delicate bubble surrounding this franchise will explode and take everything down with it. By the way, tonight I purchased sugar free pudding and a pound of sugar. Deal with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment